Last week I was on the new recipe making train and experimented with several different ones which I'll be sharing on the blog in the next few weeks.
This sirloin stir fry recipe I came up with even my 18 month old loved, and he's super picky!
So here it is!
Sirloin Stir Fry with Green Beans
1 lb. sirloin (I used tips)
12 ounces of haricot verts (green beans)
1/4 cup of coconut aminos
1 tablespoon of olive oil
5 *new* potatoes
2 tablespoons of butter
salt and pepper to taste
1. Cut your sirloin into thin strips. Add tablespoon of oil to sautée pan and let the pan get to medium high heat. Add your sirloin and 1/4 cup of coconut aminos and cook until medium rare.
2. Use microwave safe dish to cook your green beans. You could also steam them but I decided to take the quick route. They should take 3-4 minutes covered in the microwave.
3. After the green beans are finished, you can put the 5 new potatoes in the microwave to cook as well. Mine took about 6 minutes to cook on the potato setting of my microwave.
4. Take the cooked green beans and cut them in half and toss them in the pan with the sirloin. Cover with the coconut aminos mixture.
5. Take the new potatoes out of the microwave and mash with potato masher. Add the butter, salt and pepper to taste. Serve on the side of the sirloin and green beans.